Monday, July 12, 2010

A little break

It's been a while since I last wrote.  I've simply had so much stuff going on. I realized today I'm still dealing with the loss of my grandmother.  Also, we just welcomed a new baby into the family. I have a new niece now and she's adorable. And in between all that, I've had a lot going on at work and preparing to leave for Chicago.

I'm heading to Chicago on Friday, July 16th for the Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting and Food Expo.  I'm super excited for this. I will learn a lot and it will be a week long party accompanied with great networking. And I will be running a 5 km race there.  I am actually going to try this time to run the entire thing without stopping to walk. Not sure if I can do it, because I've only been running once a week these days.

When I come back, I have a wedding to attend. And after, it should be life as usual, whatever that means.

I'm also learning to battle my inner demons... I think I'm a pretty normal person in general, and on the exterior, to everyone, I seem fine.  I'm a social butterfly. But I need to find my own inner peace so I can truly be happy. Everyone does.  When all this July madness is over, I'm going to really try to make exercise a more normal part of my routine.  I may even attempt to make some sort of routine in my life.  I have a tendency to overbook myself and socialize every night of the week.  I need to learn to make some me time where I just sit on my own, and be with myself.  That is another thing I'm not good at.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment