Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mental health is important too

I never thought I'd be one to worry about mental health.  But over the last month I noticed a stark difference between my positive, outgoing, confident outlook on life to the current glum, self-doubting, and slightly reclusive mannerisms of late.  And after experiencing such positive feelings, these negative ones are just so annoying. And I try to get myself out of this funk, but it hasn't happened yet.  It's just so hard. I mean, it's easy to say I shouldn't feel this way, I should get over that. But it's not easy to do.

So if anyone is wondering where my posts have disappeared... this is partly why.  I don't know what to do about it yet, but I hope to return back to my old self, because everyone deserves to feel that good in life.

The other reason is that recently I was in Chicago for a Food Conference.  I also ran a 5 K.  My goal was to run the whole thing, but with little training and having had an allergic reaction the night before requiring benadryl and paramedics, I was in no shape to run the whole thing.

I did, however, run one mile before I stopped running and started walking.  After that it was all a run/walk. The run took place along the lake in Grant Park, Chicago with an amazing view of the city skyline!

I shall end with a quote I saw on a friend's facebook wall:  "All you need is within you. You are already perfect." -Aljoscha  A. Schwarz

I need to keep reminding myself that.


No comments:

Post a Comment