Monday, June 21, 2010

The Next Mission

Last month, I ran in the Vancouver Sun Run which is the second largest 10K run in the world.  I never in my life thought I would ever do anything like that.  My family does not have any athletic people. Physical activity? Mmm maybe not. So when I completed the Sun Run (with a terrible time, might I add), without training or taking it super seriously, I felt like I had achieved such an accomplishment.







































So after doing that, I felt like I could do anything.  I checked out some guided intermediate level hikes, since to this day, I've only done easy hikes really.  But apparently the Squamish Chief is quite the hike and is suitable for "anyone that can walk 10 km." So I'm going to do it. July 4th.

Why is it a big deal (to me)? Apparently the beginning is all steep uphill.  There are portions of the trail that you have to use a ladder or rope to climb up.  That in itself will be a challenge.  Plus, the hike in total is around 15 km or something... Bring it on.




















Photo above from Expore Magazine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment